Is your Bosch dishwasher not working? If so, you’ll quickly find dishes piling up in the sink. Since no one likes washing dishes by hand, we know you want to get your dishwasher fixed as soon as possible. That’s why you should know about a few common issues that can cause a Bosch dishwasher to stop working properly. We’ll go over some tips on how to troubleshoot and fix these problems.
Solutions for a Bosch Dishwasher Not Working
These solutions should help you fix the problem when you find your Bosch dishwasher not working properly.
Dishwasher Isn’t Getting Power
If your Bosch dishwasher won’t turn on, it could be due to an incoming power issue. There could be a problem with the power cord, or the circuit breaker might have tripped. If you suspect that there is a power issue, be sure to check the circuit breaker or fuse box for any damage.
- Inspect the dishwasher power cord to see if it’s been unplugged or gotten damaged
- If the problem persists, reset the circuit breaker your dishwasher is on.
Door Is Not Latched Shut
Another common cause of a Bosch dishwasher not starting is a defective door latch. All modern dishwashers use the door latch as a safety feature on top of keeping the door closed. If the door isn’t fully closed and latched, the dishwasher won’t start.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the door from closing all the way. This is especially common when you exceed your dishwasher’s load capacity.
- Use a multimeter to test the door latch for continuity. If there is no continuity, the latch will need to be replaced.
Check Dishwasher Settings
Your dishwasher’s control panel may tell you why your Bosch dishwasher isn’t working. There are many different options to choose from, including some that prevent the dishwasher from starting right away. An error code might also inform you of a larger problem.
- Make sure a cycle has been selected before starting a cycle for it to begin.
- The problem could be due to the Bosch dishwasher delay start feature being engaged. Check your model’s use and care manual to ensure that delay start is turned off.
- There is also a child lock feature in most dishwasher models. Again, refer to your model’s manual to lear how to turn off the child lock feature.
Dishwasher Not Getting Water
One of the most common causes of a Bosch dishwasher not working correctly is a problem with the incoming water supply. This includes malfunctions like a clogged water line or a defective inlet water valve.
- Check the dishwasher water line and inlet valve for any kinks or damage. Also, make sure the line is securely connected to the inlet valve. If the hose or valve is damaged you may also notice a leak from the dishwasher.
- If no water is entering the dishwasher, the inlet valve is most likely broken. We recommend professional service to replace a faulty water valve.
Dishwasher Part Failure
If you’ve tried all of the above tips and your dishwasher still isn’t working properly, it’s possible that there is a failure with one of the parts inside like the control board and the thermal fuse.
- If this is the case, we also recommend contacting a qualified appliance repair technician to have them diagnose and fix the problem.
We hope that these tips will help you solve the issue with your Bosch dishwasher not working. If you have any other questions or concerns, be sure to give our top-rated dishwasher repair team a call for assistance.